Casino games, collection growing by 16 percent in February

03 March 2023 - 16:13

The good trend of 'dot com' casino games continues in Italy: here are the data for February.

Written by Amr
Foto di Christin Hume su Unsplash

Foto di Christin Hume su Unsplash

Fixed odds games and "dot it" solitaire card games, i.e. casino games authorized to be offered in Italy, recorded a net transaction of €4,659,188,930. However, the actual expenditure was much lower, €178,892,794, given that no less than €4,480,296,136 have been returned to the players in the form of winnings. Bets were a total of 60,696,636
The results of the past month, processed by and based on operator data, are growing compared to the same figure in 2022: at the time, collection had been of €4,018,717,383, the expenditure of €147,675,350 and winnings of €3,871,042. Bets, in February 2022, had been 49,158,286.
2023 collection is therefore growing by around 16 percent, compared to a year ago, while the expenditure by 21 percent.

After processing the data on the overall trend of casino games in Italy in February, let's analize the market shares of the main concessionaires, currently 86 are operating.
We do it by referring to the expenditure, i.e. the difference between the collection and what has been returned to the players in the form of winnings. From this point of view, the queen of February is Gbo Italy Spa, a company resulting from the merger between Lottomatica and Goldbet: it holds two concessions, one with 7.17 percent of the market and the other with 6.03 percent, for a total of 13.2 percent.
Sisal Entertainment Spa follows, with 9.45 percent and Snaitech spa is at the third place, with 8.23 percent. We have to report the good performance of Oia Services Limited, with 0.55 percent, while land-based casinos still hold quite limited shares: 0.16 and 0.05 percent respectively for Casino di Sanremo Spa and Casino di Venezia Gioco Spa.

Related articles